The Portuguese Chamber of Commerce in the UK facilitates bilateral trade and commerce between the two countries. Founded in 1979, over the years the Chamber has developed close working relationships with all the principal Portuguese and UK government departments, as well as with the leading official and private bodies, giving us access to specialist knowledge of the UK-Portuguese marketplace.
Our network of collaborators is growing all the time. We are now proud to be working closely with UKTI; London and Partners and the London Chamber of Commerce; the All Party Parliamentary Group on Portugal based at the Palace of Westminster and headed by Stephen Hammond M.P; AICEP, Portugal’s government trade network; the Federation of the European Portuguese Chambers; the network of International Portuguese Chambers (RCCP); the Business Confederation of Portuguese Speaking Countries (CE-CPLP) and the Portuguese Ambassador to the UK and his Embassy staff.
The Sales Leads
In particular, the Chamber’s affiliation to the London Chamber of Commerce (LCC) means we can now offer our members access to powerful business databases for sales leads in specific sectors, and also access to advice on human resources, legal and employment issues. We can also offer access to the Enterprise Europe Network, which helps small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) make the most of business opportunities and find sales and import agents in the EU, Portugal, the UK and beyond.
The Chamber team
The Chamber team offers a wide range of support services to members who are starting or developing business between the UK and Portugal, allowing them to take advantage of our experience and knowledge in several key sectors, among them banking and finance, IT and web services, the medical sector, property and construction, freight and transport, legal and professional services, and publicity and public relations.
The Social Media
The Chamber also has a strong and growing presence on social media, with the ability to share news and information about our members with thousands of our followers on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter.
The Portuguese Chamber actively promotes the interests and businesses of its members, as well as providing a series of business networking events for companies and individuals through our calendar of activities and events, which are held both in the UK and Portugal.
Here are just some of the reasons to join
- Sponsor our monthly Networking Drinks and promote your business to 1000+ Portuguese and UK professionals
- Attend our events and meet potential clients and business partners
- Get quick access to the right people who can help you with business decisions
- Use the Chamber’s website, email newsletters and social media presence to promote your company’s products and profile
- Get help in finding agents, customers, products and suppliers
- Use our sales leads service and market researchers to evaluate opportunities and inform your strategic decisions
- Get help in identifying investment opportunities in Portugal and preparing submissions to the relevant authorities