• First Portuguese Chamber of Commerce in the UK event since 2019 will respond to emerging trend
• Portugal voted the best place to live in 2022 in latest Expats Exchange survey
Fibre broadband, low taxes and sun, could these Portuguese islands make you happy ever after?
UK Political, Economic and Social Update
• 59% are looking to move permanently to Portugal (Portuguese Chamber of Commerce in the UK)
• Portugal named ‘top overseas property hotspot’ with 28% increase in searches (Rightmove Overseas)
• Live Moving to Portugal Show and Seminars to recommence October 2021
• Digital nomads, entrepreneurs and tech start-ups being welcomed to Portugal
• Algarve eyes up title of world’s #1 lifestyle tech hub
From 1 January 2021 the rules for trading with the UK will change.
In the Recovery and Resilience Programme, which António Costa will present to Brussels, the State defines three
As the UK endures an unprecedented 10-day heatwave, with temperatures over 34 degrees in much of the country, the holiday season is well under way here.
We will be closing the Chamber for a few days holiday, and we return on 2nd September.
On our return we will be releasing our autumn schedule of webinars and other online events, which are an increasingly important part of our services to members.
Our General Manager, Christina Hippisley, recently joined Dylan Herholdt of Chamber members Portugal Realty as a guest on his popular podcast called Portugal: The Simple Life.
London’s Daily Telegraph newspaper carries an interesting article from Manuel Lobo Antunes, the Ambassador of Portugal in the UK, on the science behind Portugal’s current handling of the pandemic.
In addition, the recent exclusion of the Portuguese mainland from the UK’s newly issued travel list of ‘green’ and ‘amber’ countries has caused consternation in both the UK and Portugal. The Chamber, which is also the secretariat of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Portugal in the British Parliament, is working closely with the MPs in the group
However, the issue is now becoming overwhelmingly urgent in London and Brussells once again. This week, we bring you a special newsletter summarizing the view of Brexit from this side of the Channel and what will happen in negotiations over the summer.
All that’s left is to pack your suitcase.